Many shades of white provide a glamorous backdrop for everyday living.
In its many shades, no color in decorating is more versatile than white. Here designer Keith Murphy has used the proverbial all-white color scheme to evoke the glamour of Old Hollywood. You might expect Jean Harlow, dressed in white, of course, to come sashaying into the living room at any moment, cocktail shaker in hand. Yet for all its powerful aura of celluloid glamour, there’s nothing oppressive or self-conscious about these interiors in the RitzCarlton Residences, Long Island, North Hills.
And truth be told, all-white interiors exist only in the movies. Along with white upholstery, rugs, drapes and cabinets, here we also see lots of burnished gold— and frankly, gold is a big part of Murphy’s successful recipe in this space—plus silver, transparent crystal, dark brown floors, dark gray marble, apple green in the kitchen and so forth. Here white is simply a backdrop, albeit a glamorous one, for the colorful tapestry of everyday living.
- BRIGHT BEACON - Prewar apartments are prized for spaciousness, graciousness and quality construction. A classic color scheme and sumptuous accents make this beauty shine for a new age.
- Living on Point - At these new luxury rentals in Glen Cove, New York, setting up house has never been easier.
- Renewed Elegance - Prewar apartments are prized for spaciousness, graciousness and quality construction. A classic color scheme and sumptuous accents make this beauty shine for a new age.
- Luxe On Fifth - Art Deco sophistication suffuses this apartment on Manhattan's Museum Mile.
- 360o of Cool - In this fullfloor apartment at 10 Sullivan in SoHo, spectacular views are ust part of the appeal.
- In Search of Shanghai - Yes, it’s the top metropolis in the world’s busiest land. Did you know it also sparkles with history, culture, shopping and nightlife?