Platinum. Velvet. Lacquer. Raffia. Driftwood.
The New Glamour Meets the New Casual at Safavieh
Two major home design trends are creating excitement at Safavieh. One is the New Glamour, a style influenced by the Art Deco designs of Paris and Hollywood in the 1930s. Luxury materials, ranging from Alcantara to zebrawood, are used lavishly in furniture that is sleek and sensuous, rich but not ornate. The style is embodied in Safavieh’s made-in-Italy Phantom Collection and our new Safavieh Continental Collection. The other trend that’s making waves is the New Casual. It’s characterized by organic materials and natural finishes, representing another kind of hand-crafted luxury. On the pages that follow you’ll see both styles, as exemplified in our highly tailored Continental Collection and the casually elegant designs of Barclay Butera.
- Chart Topper - A new home in Connecticut mixes color and pattern in perfect harmony.
- Liquid Refreshment - Wine cellars and bars are evolving into relaxed, dedicated spaces for entertaining at home.
- The Collector’s Room - In the mythical world of the show house, designers can be as quirky as their hearts desire.
- Go With the Flow - In a home designed for parties, revelers have the right of way in every room.
- Classic Meets Chic - A Gilded Age mansion is being transformed into a high- style hotel with help from Safavieh.
- Safavieh Happenings - Scenes from the latest celebration of style with friends, family, designers and industry partners.