Platinum. Velvet. Lacquer. Raffia. Driftwood.
The New Glamour Meets the New Casual at Safavieh
Two major home design trends are creating excitement at Safavieh. One is the New Glamour, a style influenced by the Art Deco designs of Paris and Hollywood in the 1930s. Luxury materials, ranging from Alcantara to zebrawood, are used lavishly in furniture that is sleek and sensuous, rich but not ornate. The style is embodied in Safavieh’s made-in-Italy Phantom Collection and our new Safavieh Continental Collection. The other trend that’s making waves is the New Casual. It’s characterized by organic materials and natural finishes, representing another kind of hand-crafted luxury. On the pages that follow you’ll see both styles, as exemplified in our highly tailored Continental Collection and the casually elegant designs of Barclay Butera.
- Kips Bay Charmer - Designed for relaxed living, this apartment has touches of glamour that also make it perfect for entertaining.
- Windows on the Sound - Safavieh designers bring a visual drama to a Gatsby- era showhouse on Long Island's North Shore.
- The Last Word with Thom Filicia - The makeover maven touts the importance of simplicity and surprise.
- Master of Modern - In the virtuoso interiors of Thomas O’Brien, traditional elements are always used to modern effect.
- Room to Roam - Soaring, light- filled spaces and a cozy den lend variety to a designer show house.
- From The Painter’s Studio - Do look down: that gorgeous Safavieh rug beneath your feet was literally designed by hand.