Luxe On Fifth
Art Deco sophistication suffuses this apartment on Manhattan's Museum Mile.
who had recently completed a Hamptons home for the couple.
The husband and wife wanted to retain a few favorite pieces acquired through Safavieh from their New Jersey home, and integrate them into the new apartment. Other than that, they were starting with a near-blank slate. “My job was to mediate the ‘marriage’ of the couple’s individual styles,” explains Lysdahl. The wife is a traditionalist with a penchant for antiques, and the husband is a modernist. “I’ve always told clients that a good designer is cheaper than a divorce attorney!” Lysdahl quips. “I’m here to advise and act as a buffer to settle all the design arguments.”
The solution Lysdahl arrived at was a transitional blend of styles with a distinct Art Deco flavor. “I wanted to capture a bit of the early modernist, prewar glamor of the 1930s, which reflects the period of the building,” he says. “It’s the quintessential look associated with high-style Manhattan living. I think the finished spaces speak for themselves.”
- Living on Point - At these new luxury rentals in Glen Cove, New York, setting up house has never been easier.
- Renewed Elegance - Prewar apartments are prized for spaciousness, graciousness and quality construction. A classic color scheme and sumptuous accents make this beauty shine for a new age.
- Luxe On Fifth - Art Deco sophistication suffuses this apartment on Manhattan's Museum Mile.
- 360o of Cool - In this fullfloor apartment at 10 Sullivan in SoHo, spectacular views are ust part of the appeal.
- In Search of Shanghai - Yes, it’s the top metropolis in the world’s busiest land. Did you know it also sparkles with history, culture, shopping and nightlife?
- Entertainment Central - A storied Long Island estate house lends itself to warm and elegant gatherings.