Hurray for Hollywood
This glamorous model home was designed to evoke the Silver Screen.
Ease of living is what attracts many homebuyers to the Ritz-Carlton Residences, Long Island, North Hills, where amenities include housekeeping, pet walking, shoe shines and a coffee bar adjacent to the lobby. What could be more enticing? Ease of moving in.
Nobody enjoys the chore of moving—all that stuff!—so RXR Realty, developer of the Ritz-Carlton property in North Hills decided to sweeten the deal by offering this major inducement: New homebuyers can have their suites custom furnished by Safavieh at no extra charge.
To experience the synergy that two leading luxury brand names, Ritz-Carlton and Safavieh, can bring to a private home, prospective buyers may tour any of the Ritz-Carlton penthouse models that Safavieh has furnished. Highlights of two of these models residences are presented on these pages.
In fashioning the model home you see here, “glamour” was the key word the designers kept in mind. Iris Carias and Beena Ramachandra, interior designers based at Safavieh’s Glen Cove showroom, selected curvaceous seating, simply but luxuriously upholstered, for the living room. They added acrylic, glass and metallic tables, including an Art Deco-style bar cart, faux fur throws
and chic lighting to complete the look. “It reminds me of Hollywood in the Age of the Silver Screen,” says Carias.
The master bedroom is built around a statement piece—the elegant king bed with navy upholstery and platinum wood trim. “To make the bed stand out even more, we used a magnificent wallpaper on the accent wall,” explains Carias, “and we lit it with a gorgeous chandelier.”
Setting the tone for the whole suite is the foyer, a study in white and gold. “We wanted to create a tableau that makes you go ‘wow’ as soon as you enter the home,” says Ramachandra. The arrangement is quite spare, and the palette muted. But there’s a bit of gold in everything—furniture, accessories and even the painting—that does give the foyer an undeniable wow factor. As in the other rooms of this spectacular suite, the sum is greater than its parts.
- Kips Bay Charmer - Designed for relaxed living, this apartment has touches of glamour that also make it perfect for entertaining.
- Windows on the Sound - Safavieh designers bring a visual drama to a Gatsby- era showhouse on Long Island's North Shore.
- The Last Word with Thom Filicia - The makeover maven touts the importance of simplicity and surprise.
- Master of Modern - In the virtuoso interiors of Thomas O’Brien, traditional elements are always used to modern effect.
- Room to Roam - Soaring, light- filled spaces and a cozy den lend variety to a designer show house.
- From The Painter’s Studio - Do look down: that gorgeous Safavieh rug beneath your feet was literally designed by hand.