At home with Thom
Classic simplicity meets modern flair in the room designs of Thom Filicia. The same timeless style distinguishes his furniture designs in the Thom Filicia Home Collection for Vanguard, shown on this page and available at Safavieh.
The irrepressible Thom Filicia shares some of his favorite things:
RECENTLY READ BOOK: “Bossy Pants” by Tina Fey
PERSONAL SCENT: Acqua Di Colonia “Ginestra”
BREAKFAST: Two poached eggs and an almond milk latte
FOREIGN DESTINATION: Lake Como
ISLAND: Panarea in the Aeolian Islands
HOLIDAY: 4th of July!
FILM: “The Grand Budapest Hotel.” I love all Wes Anderson films because of how beautiful and detailed the cinematography is.
SONG: “Everything Now” by Arcade Fire
ARTISTS: Ellsworth Kelly and Brice Marden
COLOR: Slate blue
BREED OF DOG: I’ve had four rescue dogs, so it’s Mutt all the way!
- Kips Bay Charmer - Designed for relaxed living, this apartment has touches of glamour that also make it perfect for entertaining.
- Windows on the Sound - Safavieh designers bring a visual drama to a Gatsby- era showhouse on Long Island's North Shore.
- The Last Word with Thom Filicia - The makeover maven touts the importance of simplicity and surprise.
- Master of Modern - In the virtuoso interiors of Thomas O’Brien, traditional elements are always used to modern effect.
- Room to Roam - Soaring, light- filled spaces and a cozy den lend variety to a designer show house.
- From The Painter’s Studio - Do look down: that gorgeous Safavieh rug beneath your feet was literally designed by hand.